Wednesday, November 19, 2008

heaven on earth

CHEERY BLOSSOM IS HERE AGAIN,
OH! HOW I LOVE THIS SWEET SEASON;
WHAT MORE DO I ASK,
FROM OUR MOTHER EARTH;
PINK PETALS ALL OVER,
COLOURFUL PRAYER FLAGS FLUTTER;
UNDER THE CLEAR BLUE SKY;
COSY WARMTH ON MY BACK,
KISS OF BREEZE ON MY CHEEK;
AS I READ I WONDER,
OH!WHERE IS HEAVEN?
OH! HOW IS HEAVEN?
I SMILE WITH REALISATION,
IN THIS BLISSFUL AFTERNOON;
OH! WHERE ELSE COULD IT BE,
OH! HOW ELSE COULD IT BE;
IT IS BUT RIGHT HERE,
UNDER THE CLEAR BLUE SKY;
BENEATH YOUR BEAUTIFUL FEET,
AROUND YOUR BEAUTIFUL SOUL;
I SIT BACK AND ENJOY,
THE WARM SUN ON MY BACK...
i scribbled this piece today afternoon on my son's rough copy.this is my first poem ever written in my lifetime.thought of putting up on my blog.I seek advice from anybody who is an expert because i want to learn how to write poems.some basics.please share.
cheery trees always remind me of my school.at this time of the year it used to be( and still is i suppose)preparation time for our final exams.Tashi Namgyal Academy during this time of the year used to be full of cheery trees in full bloom.now when i look back i realize how fortunate we were to have such a lovely school compound with such beautiful surroundings.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

well, well, well-lady u really write GREAT for a beginner. ur poem touched my HEART and reminded me of our dear school and all the memories of the bygone days-oh! how i miss school.PLEASE continue writing as ur thoughts are as u are as a PERSON- very beautiful!!

Unknown said...

YEPPY !!! FINALLY WAS ABLE TO POST THE COMMENT.

Unknown said...

oh..! lord so my sis is a poet now...kidding. Well..I am not expert but it certainly is very beautiful.

chong said...

oh u really flattered me.thanks for the compliment!why don't u share your poems also.

vana said...

Dear,
your poem is sweet. Keep on coming b'cos an inspiration dosent come easy. BTW i will try to blog next time in english :)

chong said...

thanx ya.hey that will be nice!u got to update also.

Unknown said...

Finally, got to see your blogsite.Am so touched to read your thoughts, its great to have a friend like you. The poem which you've attempted is very good and wish that you keep on writng down your thoughts. Think I am getting to know you better now. Keep it up!

chong said...

thanks machi.hope to see u soon.